SECURE CREDIT CARD
Secure Your Identity Online
MasterCard SecureCode and Verified by VISA are online services that help ensure that only you are using your MasterCard and/or VISA to shop online. These services help give you the confidence and reassurance that your credit card information is secure. Best of all, they are free.
You begin by visiting our secure servers below where you are able to learn more about these products, view demonstrations, or register for MasterCard SecureCode and/or Verified by VISA.
- Verified by VISA – to register click here.
- MasterCard SecureCode Credit– to register click here.
- MasterCard SecureCode Debit– to register click here.
Registering Your Card
When registering you will be asked to provide the following information:
- Credit Card Number
- Name, Expiration Date, Zip Code
- Card Verification Code or Signature Panel Code – This code is the last three digits that appear in the signature panel on the back of your credit card. We ask for this information as an extra security feature to be sure that you have physical possession of the card being registered.
- Last 4 Digits of Social Security Number
- Password (VISA) or SecureCode (MasterCard) – This will be created by you.
- Your E-mail Address
- Personal Assurance Message or Personal Greeting – These messages are created by you during the registration process, and will be displayed back to you when you are prompted for your Password (VISA) or SecureCode (MasterCard) while shopping online. They are designed to reduce the risk of fraudulent merchants presenting false credentials to unknowing Internet users in order to gain access to personal financial information. When you see your personalized message appear, you can be sure it is actually your card issuer.
This information you provide is checked against the information that your card issuer has on file. This is done as a security precaution to be sure that the person registering is the real cardholder. Once registered, purchase online services or merchandise as usual. When you make a purchase at a participating merchant, you will be asked to provide your Password (VISA) or SecureCode (MasterCard). If you created a personal message it will also be displayed giving you the added confidence that they have reviewed the correct information.
A service developed by BSV and VISA/MasterCard that provides greater peace of mind when you shop online by providing added protection against unauthorized use of your enrolled card.
Anyone with a BSV VISA credit card can register for Verified by VISA.
Anyone with a BSV MasterCard credit card or Cash Plus debit card can register for MasterCard SecureCode.
These services provide added assurance when using your VISA and MasterCard to make purchases online. You can be comfortable that any online merchant using the Verified by VISA or MasterCard SecureCode system is a legitimate commercial entity.
Yes. Your information is transmitted using a high level of encryption and is stored on a secure server.
No. There are no additional charges associated with either service.
BSV assures you that the information you provide is for registration purposes. Your information is protected and will not be used by or shared with any other parties except contractors who operate this service on behalf of VISA/MasterCard and BSV. You are also afforded all the protections available to you when you use your VISA or MasterCard in person.
Once you’ve registered, the service will automatically work at any of our participating merchants.
At all Verified by VISA and MasterCard SecureCode participating merchants. The lists of merchants are growing all the time and can be viewed on each website.
Can I make purchases at merchants that do not participate in Verified by VISA and/or MasterCard SecureCode?
Yes, but you will not be asked for your Password (VISA) or SecureCode (MasterCard). To complete your purchase, simply follow the traditional checkout process.
Yes. When you make an online purchase, a window from your card issuer will pop up and prompt you for your Password (VISA) or your SecureCode (MasterCard).
We encourage registering all of your BSV MasterCards and/or BSV VISA cards. There is no limit to how many cards you can register.
Can two people with a joint account use the same Password or SecureCode or should they register separately?
Individuals sharing a card number are encouraged to register separately and create their own Password or SecureCode. However, depending on the information needed for registration, the secondary cardholder may need to use the personal data of the primary cardholder to register.
Yes, however we recommend each card have its own Password or SecureCode so it is protected individually.
For BSV VISA customers, go to our Verified by VISA website, click on Update Info, enter information, and select Cancel Service located at the top of the screen.
For BSV MasterCard customers, go to our MasterCard SecureCode website, click on the Account Assistant located at the top of the page, and follow the directions to cancel your enrollment.
Yes, simply complete the registration process again. However, the new Password (VISA) or SecureCode (MasterCard) you create must be different from your original entry.